Tivoli n : a town twenty miles east of Rome (Tibur is the ancient name); a summer resort during the Roman empire; noted for its waterfalls [syn: Tibur]
Tivoli usually refers to:
- Tivoli, Italy, an ancient Roman (now Italian) town, the first bearer of the name Tivoli
It may also refer to the following places:
Gardens, theatres and venues
- Tivoli Gardens, an amusement park in Copenhagen, named in reference to the Parisian garden
- Jardin de Tivoli, Paris, a garden and park 1766-1842
- Tivoli, a ballet by Peter Martins subsequently titled Sonate di Scarlatti
- Tivoli, Aachen, the stadium of Aachen's best-known Soccer team, Alemannia Aachen
- Tivoli, Ljubljana, a garden and a park in Slovenia
- Tivoli Hall, basketball, ice hockey, etc. hall in Ljubljana, Slovenija
- Tivoli Club, 19th century Denver, Colorado gambling saloon owned by infamous badman Soapy Smith
- Tivoli Theater, University City, a landmark Landmark Theater located in the Delmar Loop area of metropolitan St. Louis, Missouri.
- Tivoli Theatre, Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA, a restored Beaux-Arts auditorium built in 1921 and now operated by the city of Chattanooga.
- Tivoli Theatre, 3301 14th St NW, Washington DC, a historic theatre recently restored and now open for business.
- Tivoli Theatre, Wimborne Minster, Dorset, UK, a restored Art Nouveau auditorium in the town center of Wimborne Minster
- The Tivoli circuit of music hall venues in Australia
- Tivoli Island on Lake Ozette in [Olympic National Park].
- Tivoli, music venue in Utrecht, the Netherlands
- Tivoli Theatre, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
- Tivoli(TIV) in Buckley North Wales, a now night club which used to be a ballroom in the 60'5.
Towns and housing
- Tivoli, Minnesota, a former Sioux reservation and missionary town of the American Old West (near Mankato, MN).
- Tivoli, New York, a village in Dutchess County
- Tivoli, Texas
- Tivoli, Belarus, a village near Minsk in Belarus
- Tivoli, Brno, Houses built in decorative style on Veveri street, previsously called Tivoli square, in Brno, Czech republic
- Tivoli, Cork, a suburb of Cork City in the Republic of Ireland
- Tivoli Garden, a housing estate in Hong Kong
- Tivoli, Queensland, a suburb of Ipswich in Queensland, Australia.
- Tivoli (Restaurant), the restaurant of the Hilton Munich Park
- Tivoli Brewing Company, is a 20th century Denver, Colorado brewery located in Lower Downtown Denver
- Tivoli Software, a division of IBM, known for Infrastructure and Service Management controls and tools
- IBM Tivoli Framework
- Tivoli Audio, a high-end audio equipment manufacturer and reseller.
Tivoli in Danish: Tivoli (flertydig)
Tivoli in German: Tivoli
Tivoli in Spanish: Tivoli (desambiguación)
Tivoli in French: Tivoli
Tivoli in Dutch: Tivoli
Tivoli in Japanese: チボリ
Tivoli in Norwegian: Tivoli
Tivoli in Polish: Tivoli
Tivoli in Swedish: Tivoli
Tivoli in Volapük: Tivoli